- Gentle Giant -- anything from "Octopus," "Freehand" or "The Power and the Glory"
- Yes -- anything from "Going for the One" in particular
- Jethro Tull
- Dream Theater -- disgustingly brilliant guitar wizardry from John Petrucci
- Liquid Tension Experiment -- featuring members of Dream Theater, King Crimson, and the Dixie Dregs
- Frank Zappa
- Genesis -- anything from the Peter Gabriel era, particularly "Nursery Cryme" and "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway"
- King Crimson
- Emerson Lake and Palmer -- "Hoedown," "Fanfare for the Common Man," and "Tarkus"
- Pink Floyd -- post Syd Barrett
- The Who
- Allan Holdsworth
- Jeff Buckley
- The Beatles -- for the kids (and for me too!)
- Weather Report/Jaco Pastorius/Joe Zawinul/Wayne Shorter
The beauty of Pandora is that they play a lot of rare live cuts of the artists I like. Also, I get surprised by some choice cuts that seem to come out of nowhere: Al DiMeola, Jeff Beck, Chris Squire, and Roger Waters post-Floyd.
Back to our regularly scheduled madness.