Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Why They Are Dangerous

Spotted a bumper sticker this morning, which I thought looked supportive of the President:
Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8


Awww, I thought -- a religious person who believes in the President to want to pray for him.

Then I read this Bob Cesca piece. Psalm 109:8 reads:
May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership.


OK, OK. Christians want him out of office sooner rather than later. Hey, I wanted to buy the Bush bumper sticker that read, "Somewhere in Texas, a village has lost its idiot" and "1/20/2009: The End of an Error."

But check out the verse that follows:
May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow.


So now Christians want him dead? I think Cesca is right to suggest that perhaps Christians (well, maybe just people who display biblical verse or those stupid fish on the backs of their cars) should be profiled the way Sarah Palin thinks we should profile people who look like Muslims.

No comments: