Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Christian Mantra, cont.

To my earlier post, a reader writes:
We Christians like to say that our faith is about a "personal relationship" with God, but in practice make it about generalizations and judgements for everyone else.

The reader is an old high school friend and a minister. He was always one of the more level-headed in our circle of friends. One night during my senior year, he defused a very tense situation revolving around the racy behavior of a couple of our friends. Opinions were flying on both sides of the issue, some supportive of the friends, some flat out condemning them. My friend pulled out a bible and turned it to: Judge not lest ye be judged. Well, I never told him, but that one event got me interested in religion in a way that my Bar Mitzvah and further studies never did.

No comments: