Saturday, April 19, 2008

Passover

Happy Passover to all! Just got back from seder at my in-laws' place in Tarzana. My parents flew into town, my cousin came with her husband and her baby daughter, and Lisa's aunt, uncle and cousin were there too. Of course, too much food, way too many carbs (all those matzo-made-meals), I know I am not going to enjoy the next couple of days.

So my in-laws surprised me with a request to lead the seder. I was not prepared, but I gave it a whirl. Since our sons are too young to appreciate the full deal, I abridged it -- a lot. But Max got to read the four questions (in English), and Elijah shocked all of us. We started the seder by identifying all the things on the seder plate, and Eli knew most of them and what they meant. He's three, OK? This was big for me. I'm glad we send him to that Jewish preschool. It's what I'd wanted for Max, and we did send him to one for three months, but it was the wrong school and we didn't really know about this other one. Max will start Sunday school in the fall so he gets his Jewish education that way, plus that's where we're sending him to camp this summer.

Anyway, I'm stuffed and tired, and that's it for today. More of the same tomorrow.

No comments: