Thursday, November 6, 2008

It's OK To Be Smart Now

As we approach Jan. 20, 2009 and the "End of an Error," we rejoice at the departure of the most intellectually incurious president we have ever had. Yale, Harvard MBA, multiple business owner -- no matter. He was painfully stunted from the neck up. A president needs to be vigorously intellectual, to be able tear things down, even though he might not always use that intellect when he makes decisions. With 8,000 things in his face every day, a dazzling mind is an OK thing to have. I shudder to my core when I think that Sarah Palin might have ascended to the VP's office having only recently learned that Africa was a continent.

Had McCain/Palin been successful, you know what that would have been? Well, I'm going to use a big word now, one that I came across for the first time today, but one that definitely sums up what I mean: Kakistocracy: government by the least qualified or most unprincipled citizens, by the worst of society. Pronounced a certain way, the first two syllables of this juicy word sound like the word my grandmother used to describe her grandchildrens' bowel movements. Fitting.

No comments: