Saturday, July 11, 2009

Pimpin' for Palin

Greetings from the Empire State! As my absolutely gorgeous wife soaks up some sun with her high school classmates Carol and Laurie, I'm up in the room catching up on some work I missed. Meanwhile, this little tidbit popped up about how many Republicans facing tough reelection campaigns want the Pill-a from Wasilla to do them a favor and stay home. Even a far right wingnut like Pete Hoekstra:


"I’ve thought about it but I don’t have an answer,” Hoekstra said. Before making a call on a Palin visit, he said, “I need a better understanding of why she quit. Why quit with a year and a half to go?"

Why, indeed. We may never know. But whatever she does say to the public, it will probably not be true.

Still there are some Republicans who are drawn in by her obvious ability to raise cash.

Dave Reichert (WA):

How could I say this? I’d say that we have a list of people that we would like to invite and we’re looking at that list. We’ve made some calls to people. I think in my district you really have to look at who can help raise the most money and that’s what it’s really all about.
Chuck Grassley (IA):

The answer is, if she can raise a lot of money for me, yes.... [A]t three events I spent with her in Iowa during the last campaign, she had bigger turnouts than McCain had.

No comments: