Friday, May 20, 2011

My Final Blog Post??

Just in case the hysterics are right and tomorrow will be Rapture Day, I want to thank all of you for reading this blog. I've been honored to maintain this labor of love for the last four-plus years, and feel confident that I've been right most of the time. To those I've pissed off, well, just know that I'll be in eternal excruciating pain as I suffer the non-believers' fate in the company of Hitler, Saddam, and George Burns.

I leave you with snippets "Apocalypse in 9/8 (featuring the delicious talents of Gabble Ratchet)" and "As Sure as Eggs is Eggs (Aching Men's Feet)", by Genesis:



Six six six is no longer alone
He's getting out the marrow in your backbone
And the seven trumpets blowing sweet rock and roll
Gonna blow right down inside your soul
Pythagoras with the looking glass, reflects the full moon
In blood, he's writing the lyrics of a brand new tune.


...


There's an angel standing in the sun
And he's crying in a loud voice, "This is the supper of the Mighty One"
Lord of Lords
King of Kings
Has returned to lead His children home
To take them to the new Jerusalem.

No comments: