Friday, October 21, 2011

Foot in Mouth, Head Up A**

A candidate for State Senate in New Jersey (one guess his party affiliation) is now apologizing for a September 2 tweet in which he said, "Women, you increase your odds of keeping your men by being faithful, a lady in the living room and a whore in the bedroom."

Just on Thursday, he refused to apologize for that comment, referring to his tweet as "relationship advice" and a "timeword adage."  Uh, yeah right.

And the day before, he told the Philadelphia Inquirer that what he was actually trying to say was that men who can't respect their women and stay faithful are better off going to hookers.

With his apology, he added, "How the voter interprets my response to [the tweets], I don’t care. I don’t care if I get elected or not.  People came after me to run. It would be a tragedy to be denied … over stupid tweets that are misinterpreted"

Oh, I get it.  He didn't really want to do this, and now that he's blown in this badly, he no longer care if he wins or not.  As Herman Cain recently tweeted, "End of story."

No comments: