Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Kind of Theocon

Hat tip to Andrew for posting his readers' comments, particularly from this one.
[T]o me, the greater threat to the family and to the integrity and flourishing of this society is an economy (and a political economy) devoted to the interests of the very rich.

I have been to this rodeo before. At the end of the day, what the Republicans really care about is Wall Street; my kind are useful idiots. I wish the GOP had learned the lessons of the catastrophic Bush years, but I see no evidence that they have.
Would that the careful sensitivity of this one social conservative spread like fire among the Republican faithful. But, I sense, the only fire that we'll be seeing in the next two years is the burning down of our democratic ideals in favor of big business, racism, and anti-immigrant bigotry.

No comments: