- Among Evangelicals, Huckabee's way out in front. Bubba has yet to throw his hat into the ring. Running a distant second and third are Palin and Romney, respectively.
- Among "mainline" Christians, Romney is the fave over Gingrich by about 6%, followed by Huckabee and Palin
- Catholics also prefer Huckabee over Romney or Gingrich by over 10%
- Other religious blocs (or those with no affiliation) like Romney best, with "None/Don't Know" as their next best choice. Mitt bests Palin in this category by more than 2 to 1.
- Tim Pawlenty, who with Newt is the only real candidate at this point, failed to do better than 5% among any religious bloc.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Chart of the Day
Matthew Yglesias at Think Progress mulls over a chart breaking down how different religious blocs within the GOP view the field of possible 2012 candidates. Interesting highlights: