Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Love you, Rachel Maddow!

My favorite MSNBC commentator (yes, even more than former Countdown host Keith Olbermann) on Monday aired a brilliant, and deliciously sarcastic, commentary on the announcement by Senator John Ensign (R-NV) that he would not seek re-election to the Senate in 2012.

She also managed to get fantastics swipes in against Senator David Vitter (R-LA), who was caught up in the D.C. Madam scandal, and Newt Gingrich, who divorced not one, but two, wives while they were sick (and who recently delivered a barn-burner of a speech at the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition's latest gathering). And who, incidentally, gives us fantastic quotables like this about how his personal life has no bearing on his role in politics:
It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.
How charming.

No comments: