Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankfulness

Out table is set for tonight's feast.  Later this afternoon, 17 members of our family will join the four of us to celebrate the finest American holiday of the year.  A day when we can sit down, reflect, and find the words or thoughts to express the thanks we feel for how wonderful life is.

Today, I am thankful for the timeless love and respect of my beautiful wife, Lisa, and the love, admiration, respect, commitment, and lust I feel for her; the love, humor, and daily craziness of my two gorgeous children, Max and Elijah; the closeness and constant support I get from all of my family; my job, which challenges me every day to step up my game and be more patient, humble, and committed; my friends, who inspire me, challenge me, and support me to be the man I always wanted to be; this blog, which for nearly four years has given me the outlet to express myself; my country, which is a never-ending source of inspiration; and God, the limitless source of everything.

To those who read this blog, whether consistently or only occasionally, may this Thanksgiving be the happiest, most fulfilling day of your year!


No comments: