Wednesday, July 23, 2008

McCain gets it wrong on Iraq again

This one was just too important not to circulate.

HuffPost contributor Ilan Goldenberg blasts MsSame on recent false comments he made on CBS regarding the fact that the Sunni Awakening (i.e., the time when Sunnis in Iraq, who had been fighting against Americans, actually joined Americans to fight Al Qaeda). He completely mucks up the facts as portrayed by American Generals on the ground in Iraq.

Sullivan stand-in Hilzoy chronicles the dust-up surrounding the whole mess. Money quote:
Note to self: if I ever run for President and decide to stake everything on my understanding of one thing, I should familiarize myself with the basic facts about it. I should be especially careful to do this before I say something like this about someone who got it right: "I don't know how you respond to something that is such a false depiction of what actually happened."

The Obama Road Trip has been better for Obama, and worse for McCain, than anyone could have imagined.

No comments: