Thursday, May 22, 2008

McCain dumps Hagee... no, it's the other way around!

From the AP today:

McCain was forced to reject the endorsement of John Hagee, an influential Texas preacher, after audio surfaced of Hagee claiming that Hitler was God's way of helping the Jews reach the promised land. Hagee also withdrew his endorsement of McCain at the same time.

McCain said in a statement: "Obviously, I find these remarks and others deeply offensive and indefensible, and I repudiate them. I did not know of them before Reverend Hagee's endorsement, and I feel I must reject his endorsement as well."

Hagee also issued a statement saying he was tired of baseless attacks and he was removing himself from any active role in the 2008 campaign.

As the title of my blog states, "Uh, yeah right." Wait for Hagee's ugliness to reappear later when the Christianists start to turn up the heat on Obama.


No comments: