Thursday, September 4, 2008

Blaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

I only watched about five minutes of McCan't's speech tonight before I had to get the kids to bed. However, his delivery was so God-awful boring! The crowd had about 10% of the energy that it had for Sarah Palin. This speech was to be the defining moment of his campaign, the place where he cemented for any voter who was on the fence to drop down on his lawn and vote for her him (I actually typed "her" first; it was a genuine Freudian slip -- with my hands!).

One person whose comment I read said that the speech sounded like a person looking back on his career, not forward. I think I concur.

1 comment:

marilyn said...

I didn't watch it at all last night, but was amused at the amount of coverage it got, vs. Palin's speech, on this morning's news. I saw a snippet and thought that he looked very uncomfortable in his own skin. Is it possible that the Religious Right could pre-empt his candidacy (for "health reasons") and put Ms. Palin up for President? Stranger things have happened!