Friday, September 12, 2008

Perfect!

In October 2007, in a televised debate on Fox News (actually I first typed "Fix" instead -- another typed Freudian slip!), as he was preparing for the Iowa caucuses and running out of money, McCain't uttered words that, in my mind could not have been more apropos of this moment, today, right now (italics mine).

I have had a strong and a long relationship on national security, I've been involved in every national crisis that this nation has faced since Beirut, I understand the issues, I understand and appreciate the enormity of the challenge we face from radical Islamic extremism. I am prepared. I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training. I wasn't a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn't a governor for a short period of time.
Cut to Sarah Palin, viewing the tape of that debate while moose-hunting with the Todd-ster --
Oh, no, he didn't!
The McCain't campaign is imploding. Just witness how the ladies on The View eviscerated him. He looked more uncomfortable than I've ever seen him look. Alien, dangerous, hostile, foreign, enemy territory never had so many rockets whizzing by his head.

Hat Tip: Andrew Sullivan

No comments: