Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Reader Comments

Hey, folks, wanted to take a little time out to thank those who send me replies to my posts. Once in a while I post a reader's response.

There are some of you who reply via email directly to me because that's how you get my posts. That's fine, and please keep doing that if you wish. What I would really appreciate, however, is if you could post the comments directly to the website. So, when you get the email, you click on the link that takes you to the website, then follow the links to post a comment on a particular post.

I read and moderate all comments for publication. Since I don't get that many right now, I have the time. What I ask of you, dear readers, is that when you do post a comment, if you wish to include a reference to a story on the web, please simply include a link to the story rather than embedding the whole body of the story into your comment. This happened to me today with a new reader who paid me a nice compliment. While I am grateful for the compliment, I am unable to edit comments (naturally) and couldn't remove the embedded story. So I decided to reject the comment rather than publish it because 1) the embedded story was long; and 2) the story was one I had alluded to in an earlier post.

So, please keep the comments coming! And thank you for reading.

No comments: