Thursday, October 2, 2008

Palin Gives Debate Preview

On Sean Hannity's radio show Wednesday, she "came out swinging" with a preview of the debate. From HuffPost:


Everything is going well and I'm out here in Arizona getting some fresh air even as we are studying up and reading a lot of voting records and realizing how extremely liberal the other ticket is so this is a good time to be here and I so look forward to tomorrow night getting to speak to Americans about the very, very clear choice they are going to have on November 4.

Getting to speak directly to Americans without that filter of mainstream media trying to I think maybe censor some of my comments as we lay out those contrasts between these two different tickets.

Heh.

  1. As Fox News is the most widely watched cable news channel, it is officially part of the "mainstream media."
  2. Editing is part of the process in any news program. And editing did not turn any of her interview answers to Gibson ("In what respect, Charlie?") or Couric (take your pick) from smart to excruciatingly stupid.
Also, look at what Fred Thompson said to CBS's "The Early Show" this morning to lower expectations of Palin in tonight's debate:
People will have a chance to see her from beginning to end without being edited. We've all had bad days, and she's had some bad moments in some of these interviews, just like the rest of us have had.
Well, there he goes again on that editing thing. Also, I suppose he does have a point about bad days. Unfortunately we've had eight years of bad days with GWB. I'm with Obama when he says, "Enough!"

I am seriously salivating about tonight. I'm not thinking that Biden is going to roast her, even though I predicted that weeks ago. No, after watching her limited exposure to the press, she's going to be her own undoing. I hope Gwen Ifill doesn't pull punches with either of them, confronts them on their supposed strengths, and asks them to put their vulnerabilities into context.

No comments: